This is part one of a two blog tutorial series. I had it all in one, but it got over large and convoluted. So I’ve decided to pull this part out. I’ll post the second part over the weekend!
Basically I wanted to give away little sugar sprinkles packets to be included in gift packs I was making up. But do you think I could find them anywhere?! I searched high and low, but everything was either too large, or much too expensive.
So I came up with this idea!
Made out of transparent plastic sheets (the same as the ones they use on report covers and available in any office supply store), given a bit of a clean, cut to size and taped up; they’re super quick, very easy, and would make a great packaging option for any small gift.
Below is an image with all the materials you need to make up the sugar packets. The cute container is to put the sugar packets into.
To make them up, follow the step by step tutorial below:
1. Place a thin strip of double sided tape alone one of the long sides of your plastic square. Roll and stick together so that you’ve made a tube. Then place a piece of clear tape over the seam on the outside of the tube, trimming it neatly. This is to provide additional support as the packets can burst open otherwise.
2. Aligning the seam on the inside as shown, squeeze one end of the tube flat.
3. Using the washi tape, seal it closed. Cutting off the excess tape for a clean look.
4. Using a funnel, fill the tubes with your sugar sprinkles. Making sure to leave room at the top.
5. Then at 90 degrees to the bottom fold, repeat the steps above to crimp the end of the tube flat and to tape it up!
And voilà! You have a cute clear package, filled with sweet sugary decorations.